Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lake Owen: Day 3 Morning & Afternoon

Woke up to rain and even cooler weather today.  First I'll start with last night since I didn't get a post in last night.  The girls all got to have a question and answer session with Courtney Kupets (who has been great at mixing in with the girl while they practice).  She did an excellent job.  We even learned that she once got a 6 on vault at level 5 and had fears to work through just like everyone else. 



Then the girls moved on to a crazy game of Ultimate Challenge.  They got to bounce ball into cups, shoot rubber bands at empty pop cans, run and jump into the pit, monkey crawl under beams, and pass block between their legs and over their heads.  It was a pretty fun/entertaining game.  I have video, but no pics, what was I thinking.

This morning, in the vault/bar gym we had the following accomplishments that I saw or spotted:

Autumn - Low Bar Giants
McKenzie - Low Bar Giants
Kacy - Low Bar Baby Giants
Kailey - Cast almost to Handstand
Breanna - Flyaway drills, also getting closer to the kip

 Breanna halfway through the flyaway drill.

I made it to the floor gym in time to see Jessie do a double back on the trampoline with the spotting belt (rope).  I saw Rylie do some double back on the tramp by herself last night and I saw McKenna and Kennedy do them with a small spot.  I also so Alyssa do them on another trampoline with a spot.  I think the others haven't had a turn in the belt yet.  Skyler managed to roll her ankle going down the stairs last night so she hasn't been able to do much.  Hopefully she'll be good to go soon.
 Erika front twisting off of the tramp into the pit.


 Jess doing a front layout off the tramp into the pit.


This afternoon, I attended an optional bar clinic that was very helpful.  I will bring some of that information back to the gym for Rylie this year and hopefully for others in the future.

The girls also attended open gym this afternoon since it was raining.  It was a little crazy and I don't really remember what they worked on but it was pretty fun and I know a few of them got some good reps in.

We're getting ready for dinner now and evening workout at 6:30.  I was ready to go this morning but I'm starting to feel a little tired now.  Bethany is still napping.  I expect several of the girls to hit a little wall tomorrow.  The camp director told us to expect it and I can definitely feel it coming.  (By the way, there are a LOT of stairs around here.)

Bear Update: Sometime during the bar clinic or open gym, the bear showed up again right behind the canteen (the girls gathering place and the place where they spend all of their money).  That also happens to be right next to the main path/stairway between the main camp and the gyms.  The girls were told not to take that path.  I believe they had a trap set up back there, but I'm not sure if they actually caught the bear.  I know they hope to capture her and transport her to a more remote location.

No comments:

Post a Comment